High School mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the country. Each year the National Interscholastic Cycling Association (“NICA”) rolls out additional state leagues across the country. We take part in the NorCal league where it all started in 2001. The shared vision is for athletes to build a community together, to improve as bike riders, learn to support each other, discover that if they work hard the results will come, make friends from other teams, grow as individuals and gain self confidence. Few teenage sports have such a positive vibe as high school mountain biking. Our key motto is to have fun, because fun makes hard work easier and then the results follow.
Browse through the other pages on this site to get an idea of what we do and take a look at the video below to get the essence of what it’s about.
High School Mountain Biking – Articles from Around the Country
- High School Mountain Bike Racing is about much more that whole finishes first.
- The Dirt on Joining Your High School Mountain Bike Team
- High school mountain bike league thrives in Idaho – Watch the Video on this page
- Trek – NICA: More than a sport
- Cambridge teen calls her sport just one piece of herself
- Catch up with Paula – A Mom and a Coach!
Girls on Bikes
- Colorado High School Mountain Bike League elevates passion for bikes alongside victory
- Competition, Camaraderie Fuel Growth of Mountain Bike Racing Among High School Girls